HIRTA now sends out information about weather related changes and/or cancellations via RSS feed.
RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter.
To sign up for email notifications from HIRTA's RSS Feed, please follow the below steps:
1. Go to http://www.ridehirta.com
2. Click on the RSS icon in the bottom right corner (next to the Twitter and Facebook
3. Copy the URL of this page, also included here: http://www.ridehirta.com/RSSRetrieve.aspx?ID=15399&Type=RSS20
4. Go to https://www.feedmyinbox.com/
5. In “Feed URL,” paste the URL
6. In “Email ID,” type your email address
7. Select your alert frequency (Realtime)
8. Tick the box next to “Also send me a one-time email containing all items currently
available on this feed.”
9. Click “Feed My Inbox.”
10. You should receive an email with the HIRTA blog posts to date. When new weather
alerts are released, you should receive them instantly