HIRTA is closely monitoring information from the CDC and Iowa Department of Public Health to make sure our efforts in keeping those in our communities safe, are grounded in medical advice. If any rider or driver has been confirmed to have contracted or exposed to COVID-19, we will suspend them from service, and HIRTA staff will make every effort to notify anyone who would have been on the bus with them.
- We ask all HIRTA customers to follow guidance from public health authorities
- Wear a mask while riding a HIRTA vehicle
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- If you’re sick, stay home and away from others
HIRTA has installed a driver shield in our buses, our drivers are required to wear masks and we have a new spray mist to disinfect our vehicles.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-6860029.
We are all in this uncharted arena together, so we appreciate you doing your part to keep our communities healthy and safe.
Julia Castillo, Executive Director